The Other Israel (1972): The Radical Case Against Zionism
In the spring and summer of 1970, Arie Bober (died 2003), then member of Matzpen, made a speaking tour of the US, sponsored by the Committee on New Alternatives in the Middle East (CONAME). Among the sponsors of CONAME were Arthur Miller, Noam Chomsky and Pete Seeger; its main activists included Berta Green Langston, Robert Langston and Emmanuel Dror Farjoun (a member of Matzpen doing post-graduate work at the MIT).
In connection with this tour, the Langstons arranged with the publisher Doubleday & Co for the publication of a book, entitled The Other Israel: The Radical Case Against Zionism, to be edited by Bober (Doubleday Anchor Original ISBN 0-385-01467-8).
The book — consisting entirely of Matzpen material — came out in 1972. Bober signed the contract with Doubleday and his name appears as the nominal editor. The actual editing work was done by Emmanuel Dror Farjoun with the help of Robert Langstone.
- The Palestine Problem and the Israeli-Arab Dispute (May 18, 1967)
- The Third Round (July 5, 1967)
- General Declaration by the ISO (March 22, 1968)
- Down with the Occupation (January 1, 1969)
- The Middle East at the Crossroads (September 1969)
- They All Promise Peace (October 1969)
- Statement to the Youth Congress in Jerusalem (January 12, 1970)
- Statement against Repression (July 1970)
- Peaceful Coexistence and its Consequences in the Area (July-August 1971)